Building Services Products Ltd is committed to reducing our environmental impact, while continually reviewing our procedures aspiring to find methods to improve. Working with our stakeholders the business actively engages with all areas of the operation to evaluate performance.
To ensure staff and departments are committed, the business has set a code which the whole company looks to follow and promote at every location around our network of branches. It is this code than forms our environmental policy and promotes continual improvements.
- The business is committed to protecting the climate by reducing our energy usage and CO2 emissions wherever possible. This applies to all areas of the business, such as; transport, offices and warehouse spaces such as encouraging branches to move away from traditional lighting and replacing with more modern LED lighting.
- Conform with all relevant environmental regulations necessary within our sector and industry we operate in. This applies to all areas of the business, such as; transport, offices and warehouse spaces.
- Look to minimise pollution within all areas of business operation. Setting procedures which aim to reduce our impact on the environment within our distribution day to day operations. Specialist staff within transport cover environmental compliance as part of their duties and review our vehicle fleet regularly, this is just one example how we monitor our performance and impact.
- Encourage 360 feedback of suggestions for improvement at all levels. Expanding from previous points the business constantly reviews all feedback, considering if procedures can benefit from any changes. If after evaluation changes are necessary, the business will look to implement promptly.
- Promoting recycling internally and externally via our suppliers and customers to reduce the environmental impact where possible. Through consultation with all parties, we look to reduce our impact such as promoting paperless technology.
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensure they are effective and efficient. This applies to all areas of the business, such as; transport, offices and warehouse spaces.
Other policy documents might be relevant and could help should you require more information. These can all be found within the ‘Policies’ page of our website. This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis and only updated should changes be required.
1 July 2022